Shipping & Packaging
How is shipping calculated?
Standard shipping takes approximately 5-10 business days, although is often shorter depending on the size and destination, and is always free on orders over $20. For orders under $20 or those using expedited shipping, the shipping is automatically calculated thanks to our friends at ShipStation, USPS, and BigCommerce based on the size or weight of the order and the distance it must travel to arrive to the customer. Currently we do not offer overseas shipping, mainly due to the fact that it produces a large amount of carbon emissions and is incredibly unsustainable. The shipping for each order is automatically carbon offset, but don't worry, we cover that cost for you rather than many companies that give the customer the choice at checkout and let it come out of your own wallet.
What aspects of shipping are carbon offset? How? What does that mean?
With the help of EcoCart and their forestry and other projects, we carbon offset the shipping for every order from our packaging location to the customer or shipping location. With the help of Carbonfund.org, a non-profit who uses our annual contribution (which is based on our amount of sales) we similarly donate to various projects surrounding reforesting or renewable energy that reduces enough carbon in the atmosphere to account for what we emitted in all aspects of our business. Many of our wholesalers that we purchase our products from also carbon offset their own orders, covering the shipping from them to us and maybe even more. We also donate to a variety of charities on top of this, equaling to even more offsets. All of this means that all of the shipping for every order you place has been carbon offset not once, not twice, but at least 3 times! All of this to make our ecological footprint on this planet as tiny as possible ensure that you, our customers, can have a guilt-free shopping experience.
How are orders packaged sustainably?
Thanks to our partners at EcoEnclose, all of the components involved in our packaging are made of completely sustainable materials. Occasionally we will also reuse boxes or other packing materials that have been already sent to us, most of which come from our suppliers that similarly use sustainable boxes and other forms of packaging. See below a description of each packing material we use and keep an eye out for our WE CARE cards (made with environmentally-friendly paper and ink) in our orders with QR codes describing the packing materials and how to reuse or recycle them.
100% Recycled 6" x 10"/9.5" x 14.5" Kraft or 10.5" x 3.75" x 19" Gusseted Kraft Mailer
- These Kraft Mailers are made of 100% recycled content, with 90% of that being post-consumer waste, and replace the typical plastic poly mailer. They are curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable, using 10pt paperboard that is tamper-evident with a self-seal adhesive closure. Please reuse and recycle at the end of life.
100% Recycled 12" x 15" EcoX Mailer
- These EcoX Mailers are made of 100% recycled content, with 70% of that being post-consumer waste, and are a more durable alternative to the typical plastic poly mailer than the Kraft mailers. They are curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable, using a slightly thicker 11pt paperboard that is tamper-evident and also water resistant with a self-seal adhesive closure. Please reuse and recycle at the end of life.
100% Recycled Tab Locking Box - 6" x 4" x 2" or 6" x 9" x 2" or 12.5" x 6.5" x 2"
- These Tab Locking Boxes are made of 100% recycled content, 95% of which being post-consumer waste, and is curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable. Please reuse for as long as possible to continue helping reduce virgin cardboard and the unnecessary processing it entails, and make sure to recycle at the end of life.
50% Recycled Non-Reinforced Water-Activated Tape
- This tape is certified recycle-friendly and is made using 50% recycled content, compared to other companies who might use branded or reinforced tape that use no recycled content at all, or even more often is the plastic alternative than can't be recycled at all. The water-activated tape also uses less materials and is more tamper-resistant than other pressure sensitive tapes, although a bit more of a hassle, meaning that we give up our time to make sure your orders are packaged with the highest levels of sustainability and quality in mind. The use of this tape means that the entire package you recieve is recyclable, rather than needing to strip the tape off of the box first.
100% Recycled Ornament Paper Shred
- The 100% Recycled Ornament Paper Shred is made from 100% post-consumer & post-industrial content and is fully recyclable and naturally biodegradable. This product helps us to replace the typical bubble wrap, styrofoam, or other packing materials in circulation that cause great environmental harm. Please recycle at the end of life.
100% Recycled Corrugated Bubble
This Corrugated Bubble is made of 100% recycled content, 95% of which being post-consumer waste content, and is curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable. This product similarly helps replace the typical bubble wrap, styrofoam, or other packing materials in circulation that cause great environmental harm but with a little extra toughness. Please recycle at the end of life.
100% Recycled WE CARE Cards with QR Code
- You also may see from us a 3" x 5" "We Care" Card reminding you of our sustainability efforts and detailing how to reuse or dispose of your packaging. Don't worry, even this card is made using 100% post-consumer waste and is also curbside recyclable & naturally biodegradable. They are even printed with sustainable vegetable-based inks! Please recycle at end of life.